Monday, October 25, 2010

Progress

My time in the DEP has been full of ups and downs. Usually the downs are much larger than the ups, but there are more ups to make up for it.

When I was first sworn in back in April my bootcamp date was September 20th.
But having only started working on my running in January I was still greatly struggling with the run time. To ship out I needed 14:30 for the 1.5 mile run.
As the date got closer I was struggling with just getting to 15mins.

A month before the date, I was given my 30 day pre ship test and I completely failed. My run time was atrocious at 16:50.
That day was a huge dissapointment and a blow to my heart.
But as much as I hated the loss of my date, I was more worried that I'd ruined my chances of getting the job I wanted.
Fortunately my worries were put at ease as the GySgt worked to get my job back, and with it came a new date in December.
Since that huge failure the GySgt has made it his mission to see me leave. Running with me three times a week, he has pushed me hard. And its paying off.

In October I was looking at a run time of 15:10.
Today I'm looking at 14:36!

Next Thursday will probably be my 30 day pre ship test. I have no intention of repeating my failure in August.

No comments: